Walter Lighting & Grip Inc. is your complete lighting and grip equipment rental company. We specialize in providing trucks, dollies, lighting, generators and grip equipment for your next commercial, documentary, independent film, industrial video, corporate event, broadcast or still photo shoot. We are located in Montreal but we can go anywhere. We’re built to travel. We would love to have an opportunity to outfit you on your next shoot.
We currently stock equipment from the top manufacturers in the business.
We rent dollies from Chapman-Leonard; lighting from Mole-Richardson, Arri, Strand, Cinemills, Dracast, ColtLED and Kino-Flo; grip equipment from Matthews and American Grip; generators from Alterdyne, CAT Power and Honda; and a whole lot more. We have HMI’s from 200 Watt to 20K, tungsten up to 20K as well as the best selection of rigging and mounting hardware. We have an inventory of newer lighting & grip trucks from our cargo van packages to our large and spacious 5 tons. All trucks have big lift gates, racks, and carts and are designed by the technicians that use them, keeping them efficient and easy to use. Our equipment is well maintained, reliable and it looks good too! The full complement of bulbs and expendables for sale along with new and used equipment that we sell makes us a full-service production support facility.
Our mission since 1975 is to serve you in the best way that we can. Spend some time looking through our site to see what we have. If you don’t see something that you need please call and we’ll do our best to get it for you. We want you to feel comfortable shooting here. Most importantly we want you to call us back, so please feel free to offer suggestions or ask questions.
Thanks for visiting our site and please feel free to contact us to let us know how we can help.
The Team at Walter Lighting & Grip
– Less than 2” riding height (on or off track) for extreme low angles
– Fits in tight spaces (airplane and bus isles, church pews, etc.)
– Compatible with common hardware store track options (round, square, angle, PVC)
– No track required – rolls directly on any smooth surface
– Seat option for ride-on capability
– Perfect for dolly step offs using handheld, steady-cam or gimbal systems
– Direct mount tripods, bazookas, tilt plates and other adapters
– Mounts either over or underslung
– Size and weight provide stability for hard whip pans and quick tilts
– Tapped 3/8” holes for endless rigging possibilities
– Mount multiple dollies together tandem or side by side
– Removable wheel covers for easy maintenance
See all the details here Dutti Dolly
LOOK OUT – The CMC Cinemills Sufa Bullet 800 has arrived, and has a comparable output to a 4K HMI at full flood. LED for exterior locations is finally here.
Even though it has a high output, it only draws 7amps, and two can be powered from one household circuit. It’s weatherproof with an IP 66 rating so it can be left outside without worry or added protection. The included wireless remote, allows you to turn on, or dim the light. Output is 5600K. Come by and check this baby out today.
More of Kino Flo’s Freestyle 31 LED fixtures have arrived. This wonderful fixture replaces your standard 4 Bank 4′ fixture with a fully dimable LED panel where you can adjust your Green/Magenta and integrate Gel colors right from the gel menu. Oh and did i mention you can even take the panel out of its shell. With Kino Flo the possibilities are endless.
Follow Us on Social Media for the Latest News